Make an Appointment to see a Doctor

To make an Appointment to see a Doctor click:  or in the Health Centre you are registered with.

If you are unhappy with your doctor, you must make a complaint in the first instance to the Valencian health authority.

This is the link to the complaints procedure on the Valencia Government Healthcare website:

As you will see there is a Complaints Form that can be downloaded and completed and they recommend you hand it in at one of their S.A.I.P. offices (Servicios de Atención e Información al Paciente).

The full list of these offices can be found here:

You might find it useful to contact the following organisations.

Contact details can be found in the weblinks and the second two are in English.

1. College of Doctors – Alicante
Ilustre Colegio Oficial de Médicos de Alicante
Avda. de Denia, 47-A, 03013 Alicante
Teléfono: 965 26 10 11
Fax: 965 26 05 15
Correo electrónico:

2. Valencia Regional Ombudsman
Síndic de Greuges de la Comunitat Valenciana
C/ Pascual Blasco, 1, 03001 Alicante
Teléfono: 900 210 970 or 965 937 500

3. National Ombudsman
Defensor del Pueblo
Pº Eduardo Dato, 31
28010 Madrid – España

The above useful information is provided by the Consulate Alicante – The Consul Paul Rodwell.

Posted in Information.